Thursday, March 04, 2010

By your Grace and Love....Cleaning up my life.

It's been a week since I last blogged......My name is Leah and I have neglected to blog for almost 2 weeks now!///Okay, I'm just goofing around!
 

I'd love to share a song I found perfectly fitting to how I'm personally feeling at the moment or moments while typing this, so I wanted to share! If you are on my ACTUAL blog page...Hit the STOP button to turn off the Playlist...then click here: PLAY ME
I couldn't find it on playlist or you would be listening to it without having to open up the link. :)

Some technical stuff: Those of you who receive my blog via email form...I just wanted to let you know, you can visit my ACTUAL blog by going to the bottom of the email and clicking the "This n That" link that is highlighted! It's a much more "personal" attempt at reading this and seeing the post then reading it via email form. Don't forget to COMMENT...so I know you visited. :)
 

Now...on to the really important stuff! Yeah...okay, so more of my babbling.
 

First...MY BOY!...The little athlete had his last Basketball game of the season this past Saturday! And I have to say I was super proud of him...it was his personal best. I think he made no less than 8 attempts at shooting a basket, making like 6 of them. Very aggressive playing at getting the ball and playing defense. I am so proud of how far he's come from the beginning of the season. I know he'll just keep improving.

 

Baseball is now blazing in rapidly! The season starts April 19th. The Express team has been formed, mostly consisting of the boys from last year, with a few new boys. BE SURE TO CLICK THE LINK and BECOME A FAN! Also, visit here for our first fundraiser! A SONIC Car Hop on March 27th! Also please share the love by stopping by and contributing to our boys. The team gets to keep all the tips. We are also looking for SPONSORS for this year...the equipment that the team needs is funded by the team. Any money donated will go to practice and game equipment as well as any team get togethers! DO YOU KNOW ANY LITTLE LEAGUE FANS???...it's a great write off! Please contact us if you do! We are looking forward to a great season. There will be lots more of these posts to follow...in the coming months.

Second: Ready, Ok...say it with me! K! S! UUUUU! Wildcats! #2 in the Big 12. #5 on the other! Not to bad this year. Was happy they beat the tiggers...not so happy they lost to those stinky birds last night. Hopefully from here, they will just keep winning now.

 

As for the Grace and Love...Sunday morning I dragged my big behind out of bed...determined that we were going to church, despite the overall voting of the tired individuals I share my home with! I think all was a little wore out from our fabulous visit with the Tindall Family the day before! My hubby...he's always tired, but I have to give the guy a break. His day consisted on Sat. of officiating 3 games starting at 8:00 AM, then coaching Wyatt's bb game! After the game he went back to officiating 4 more games and then met us then at the Tindall's somewhere around 8pm. So dragging him out of bed was a bit of a struggle but not too bad...I'm pretty sure he would have slept until noon had I not woke him up.

 

Anyhoo...by the hair of our chiny-chin-chins we started our day at Church. Then, I took the littles to a pizza luncheon thanks to Grandma Kitty, and then feeling miserable about what I just ate and the fact that I was determined that I was going to workout in some form or fashion EVERY SINGLE DAY...I took the kiddos and we went and worked out. I suppose a little kick in the behind was in order...after eating a slice of all meat pizza, a salad WITH pink dressing (dumb) and the kicker...two individually sized twix candy bars...DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY THEY MAKE THOSE!? I am pretty sure it's to torture people like me who can't eat just one. Somewhere in my mind...I tell myself, they are little, how bad can that be?...and then I eat two or three or four. Today, I stopped at two! Yeah Me! Insert *roll of the eyes and an arm in the air* Oh...did I get off track again?

On to the rest of my boring little tidbit and my appifany: "A sudden revelation of an ordinary object or scene". :)

Well...that is my working out everyday...like all things in my life that I set "GOALS" for...I know I'm bound to fail, but I'm sure going to do my best NOT to fail this one! Keeping things in perspective(reference my previous post a week ago)...November is going to be here before I know it! And afterall, I did ANNOUNCE TO the two people that read my blog that I'm going to loose 40 lbs before my next Birthday. How embarrassing will that be if I fail? Well, I suppose the embarrassment would pass but on a serious note...how disappointed will I be in myself!? I suppose the fact that doing something for myself feels REALLY REALLY good too! I have to keep pushing myself. I need to do this! For me, my health...my kids, my family and for God.

 

Now, that kind of sounds goofy to me...How does me loosing all my fat have anything to do with God? I chalk it up to this in as little words as I can do (which is not easy for me)...I know God loves me no matter what. But, he gave me, ME! And well, I haven't been doing a very good job of taking care of ME for the last 7-9 years! I've tried here and there. I did a really good job at making an attempt last spring/summer/fall...but then I quit. I am not an overeater...I just don't really make that great of choices when I choose what to eat, or when to eat. There is always something to do more important than to go work out. There is always something "weighing" me down...instead of taking time out to do something for myself. Which in turn...is actually do something for a lot of other people. But I think my biggest obsticle to date is I waste so much PRECIOUS time directing my attention to so many things that really don't matter. I won't bore you with all my self admitted failures. Because there are many...but mostly I spend so much time filling my day full of needless things, WISHing, WANTing, BUYing THINGS. Things that fill my life full of CLUTTER and needless attempts at impressing those that really don't need to be impressed. Which leads to an unhappy Leah. A frustrated, overwhelmed Leah. All in all it leads to not spending quality time with my kids because I spend so much time trying to "catch up" with the crazy life I created. Now, I'm not one of those people that have things piled to the ceiling that you see on T.V. That's not what I mean. I just create more for me to do. I think it's my way of getting lost in my day and what I have going on. Which in itself, only makes things harder and makes things crazy ugly creating a gross level of stress between me and my husband. All in all, getting rid of that "clutter"...I'll be spending more time on ME! So if forcing myself to focus on working out...gets me focused on something more positive...than I can't really loose. We can't really lose. I think God would approve it's a much better attempt at "cleaning up my life". From there I can get focused on the things that make a bigger impact. Using tools God has provided for me and focusing on HIM and what he wants for me to do with my life! Then focusing on the people that matter most to me and what my life revolves around so it's not so crazy. I know it's a lot of rambling...but hopefully that makes sense.

 

Making life better for my kids and myself...If I don't take care of me, then who is going to take care of them!? When I feel better about me, then they will have a better role model! A HAPPIER Mom! I'm not saying I have to be skinny to be a good role model, but taking care of myself so I can live a longer fuller life with them (God willing). That's enough for me to want to do better, and be a better figure. Obviously, this is always been in my mind, but I don't think it was in my heart! Our sermon Sunday at Church definitely helped kick that in gear! Plus, I'm not totally convinced that my Mr. didn't have a "call ahead" on the lesson, because it felt like he called and told the pastor what to say and to direct it right at me and my endless need or yearning to want to S-H-O-P! :)...I know, that's the way it's suppose to be. And I know HE didn't have anything to do with it, that was joke.

I'm done for today...I'll spare my two readers any more of my rambling. This is my start of trying to get better at posting and trying to document my hopeful attempt at being "little" again! If nothing else...healthy! All in all, a pretty simple self evaluating SUNDAY! I can honestly say...NO Shopping involved in my day! Wow, that actually felt good to say! Snicker-Snicker. I can't say that I did that great the rest of the week...but Sunday was a start! :)

On to better things...SHE is waiting for me...

 

"I asked God for all things that I might enjoy life, He gave me life that I might enjoy all things!

I thank you Lord for loving me!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Both are so so sooooooooooooo wonderful and such a great outlet for your thoughts and sharing tidbits of your day.

I am so proud of you sis for all that you do.

Lovin Ya to the moon!

Unknown said...

As for your tribute to Michelle and her sweet boys. Stunning! and sweetly beautiful.

Nice tunes too.